Monday, October 31, 2011

Chocolate and Flowers for November

     Did you eat chocolate today for Halloween? I did - fudge and one mini chocolate cupcake with sprinkles on top. I even dressed up as a spider web with that type of cotton web you see in the stores, either white or green. I wore the white, and I clipped little black and orange plastic spiders all in my hair.
     Today has been a fun day - one of those kind of days when good things happen and you hear good news. Isn't it wonderful to have those kind of days? You know the type. You pray for needs, desires, and they happen. Yes, that kind of day. Now I feel excited that tomorrow is November, though I do feel the year is ticking away mighty quickly.
     When I was watering my flower beds this evening, I felt an urge to plant new flowers. But again, tomorrow is November. Winter is around the bend, and I wondered what kind of perennials could I possibly plant that will bloom now and make it through the winter. After a bit of searching, I found the prettiest perennial that will make you want to eat chocolate. Have you ever seen, or planted, a plant that gives a chocolate aroma? Here are two examples of what they look like:
http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/berlyrata.htm




http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/berlyrata.htm


What are your favorite autumn plants and flowers that you use to beautify your cottage and yard? 
Some of my prettiest flowers blooming right now are these beautiful Marigolds:


Marigolds in My Tomato Garden
Marigolds in My Tomato Garden
I'm linking to Simply Designing.































1 comment:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Thanks for introducing me to these flowers! Very pretty!