Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Antique Shopping

How would you describe the experience of discovering an antique shop? Exciting? Delightful? Like your pet dog that just found a new bone? YES! That's how I felt Saturday when I took my friend, Karen, to an antique shop I discovered. Karen and I had spent the day in So Cal at a fabulous Victorian tearoom at Barbara's Tea House with tea and brunch from 10:00-12:00 and gift shopping in Rancho Cucamonga, the British Emporium shop in Upland to purchase a few UK goods, then finally to Precious Times Antique Mall in Redlands.
 
Karen at Barbara's Tea House
Cactus at Barbara's Tea House

Vintage Rooster Family at Barbara's
British Emporium
Precious Times Garden
Antique Wire Grocery Cart
Rooster at Precious Times
 Roosters have drawn my attention lately. One day soon the right one will come home with me for my kitchen patio. I loved this wire rooster. Wire gadgets and items have also been attracting me lately. Notice the little wire grocery cart. Doesn't it look ancient and so cute? Toward the end of my shopping day I purchased three plants 50% off - all three amounted to only $4.00! Now I can't pass up plants at that price. After all, it is time for Spring planting.


I'm linking to My Finds from Saturday's and Tuesday's Treasures.
I'm linking to Tiggerific Tuesday. 
I'm linking to Tea Rose Home.

4 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Sounds like you had a delightful day! Pretty pictures!

Donnie said...

That looks like a lovely place and you found some great deals.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Love seeing pics of antique store -fabulous to come across new treasures. Looked like a great place to visit! xoox
~tracie

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I love me a good antique store. I'll take old and vintage any day. Love the shopping cart.