Friday, October 29, 2010

Living in a House Without Wheels

Have you ever lived in a fixer-upper house that you plan to sell when it's fixed up? I am living in one, and I am anxious to fix it up. Our little house that was built as a cabin over 30 years ago will be a "normal" house when we remodel. I can think of all kinds of ideas to do with what it looks like now, but I must stay focused on the plan. The plan is to meet with our investor and the gentleman who has drawn up our plans for the new house. Then we will move back into our RV until the house is ready to move back into. Honestly, I just want to have a home without wheels to live in. I recall being asked by several in the past, "How do you stand living in a camper all the time and not having your own home?" I loved the traveling. It was right for me at that time. Now it's different. I'm different. I'm not getting any younger either. To be able to walk on a floor without wheels is a wonderful thing. Some other time I'll tell you about the RV lifestyle and the fun, funny, and interesting things that happened. That life was good and rewarding, and I'm grateful for all those years. For now, I'm enjoying the fixer-upper house challenge ahead of me.

No comments: