Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cottage Yard Saling

It's the weekend! The weather is beautiful here on this autumn day in the desert, a perfect day for yard-saling. Yes, that's s-a-l-i-n-g! They sell, and I have fun scouting out the sales. Today's finds for my cottage came from a yard sale and my favorite antique store in town. For weeks I've been looking at a couple of mirrors and a baker's rack in the antique store. This morning when I stopped by there, the dealer who rents the space I frequently shop was moving a piece of furniture in and moving other pieces out. I overheard her mention she was moving this particular mirror out that I've been watching. My visit to the store today was one of those right-time-right-place moments. The dealer let me have the two mirrors and the baker's rack all for a huge discount! I put them on layaway and rushed out to my car lest I be tempted to buy something else. Whew! Soon I'll post photos of some of the pieces. The antique store finds will be posted after the layaway is paid. So keep coming back for the updates.

2 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Can't wait to see photos of what you bought! Sounds like you're on a roll! Happy Decorating!

Grant W said...

Thank yoou for being you